The Children's Aid Foundation of Canada Young People's Advisory Council (YPAC) was founded in 2013 to ensure people with recent lived child welfare experience (i.e. former youth in care) regularly guide our work. YPAC members share their lived and professional expertise, wisdom, and experiences to guide us on how to best serve Canada’s young people involved in child welfare.
Here are some of the opportunities that come with being a YPAC member:
- YPAC advisors provide critical insight and advice that helps us better support young people and families affected by child welfare across Canada
- As a member of YPAC, you would have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of youth advocates and staff with diverse experiences and perspectives to shape the priorities and positioning of the Foundation
- As a team we collaborate on how to best address barriers and gaps faced by young people and families through philanthropy (fundraising and granting)
- Members have the opportunity to represent the Foundation in the wider community at our events and beyond
Here are some of the requirements for becoming a YPAC member:
- Experience in permanent care for at least one year in Canada (i.e. Crown Ward/Extended Care Society)
- Age 18-28 at the time of application (membership up to age 30)
- Reliable and dedicated, with the time, energy, and capacity to fully participate in 5-6 meetings as well as 1-3 hours/month of additional correspondence and advising
For more information on YPAC, member responsibilities, or eligibility requirements, visit here. To apply, complete the online form (resume and cover letter to be uploaded with application) no later than 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday August 26, 2022.